Quail Egg Crème Brulee
Write a review
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp of sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla bean paste or vanilla bean powder
- 40 quail egg YOLKS (room temp)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine cream, three tablespoons of white sugar, and vanilla bean paste in sauce pan. Stirring constantly over low heat until steam rises and bubbles form around the edge. Do NOT boil!
- In a separate bowl, whisk yolks, 1/4 cup of white sugar, and salt. Slowly temper (add) the heavy cream mixture to the eggs, stirring after each addition.
- Pour mixture through mesh strainer. Mixture may be made ahead of time and chilled overnight.
- Place 4oz ramekins in a baking pan large enough to hold water and ramekins. Fill ramekins 3/4 of a way up with mixture.
- Fill pan with warm water 1/3 way up the side of ramekins.
- Bake approx. 40 minutes or until brulee slightly jiggles in the center. DO NOT OPEN OVEN.
- After taking out of oven, let stand until cool, and then place ramekins in the refrigerator to chill completely.
- Chill covered until ready to serve.
- Combine 1/4 cup of white sugar with 1/4 of brown sugar. Sprinkle evenly over ramekins. Torch the top of each ramekin or place in broiler until sugar browns and the brulee begins to caramelize.
Manchester Farms Quail https://manchesterfarms.com/