Oven Roasted Quail With Lime Glaze
A wonderful way to serve rosted quail.
- 4 raw quail about 1 pound in weight
- All purpose flour for dredging
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ tablespoon bacon drippings
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup. Honey or agave
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Lightly dredge quail in flour, then lightly salt and pepper.
- In a medium, ovenproof skillet, heat bacon drippings, then pan fry quail over medium heat, skin side down, for 3 minutes.
- Turn over, then fry for an additional 3 minutes. Pour lime juice and maple syrup into the bottom of the skillet from the side, not over the quail.
- Transfer to the oven, and roast for 5 minutes.
- Remove, cut each quail in half, then serve immediately, pouring the maple lime glaze over the top.